Dawn of the Blood Red Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of the Blood Red Moon

United in Peace...Divided by Blood.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) Empty
PostSubject: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 am

Jessie was new around these parts she had decided that she would visit the main hub if vampires, to hopefully have a good time as well as getting some help with her lack of training since her Master had left her.

Sighing softly she took her purse into the slightly out of place dance hall, nothing like what she was used to in Liverpool, the modern clubs that just rang of music from 12 til 6 but this seemed like Victorian and Jessie knew none of the dances.

Jessie moved to stand by the edge of the line and managed to avoid getting drawn into the dance by a rather attractive looking male vampire, he promised to return later and if she could have blushed she would have.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 am

He sighed, he'd been out of the vampire community for so long now that he felt the need to move back into it. Even if he had been a part of it longer than anyone else. He entered Eternity and smiled. It was good to see that the old traditions were still in place, other places around them had started to modernise but he personally preferred to stick to the olden traditions.

He glanced around the room taking in the scenery before making his way over to the side of the hall so he could look for a partner to dance with.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:24 am

Jessie looked at the man who had just entered and she thought that it was a bit of a Mr. DARCY moment because everyone in the room turned to look at him as he entered, several female vampires broke from their partners to go over to him and Jessie just watched from afar, her simple dark green dress with bustle making her seem plain compared to these Pompador Lace creations.

Leaning against the wall she looked at the man with soft blue eyes and crossed her arms, giving him a look over.

"It must be awful being that crowded..." she whispered
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 am

He scanned the room and frowned. Not many people seemed to stick to the old traditions. He liked it best when woman stuck to just the one man, it made life so much easier but it seemed that tradition had flew out the window since his departure.

He turned to look at the sound of the voice and gave a little smile. "Crowds i can handle, i'm used to them from the wars." He shrugged. "Who are you with?" He asked looking around her, surely a young vampire like her wouldn't be out here alone.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 am

Jessie gasped and clasped her hands over her mouth, she was such an idiot sometimes, biting her lip and removing her hands she placed them bsck into her muff that she carried and walked slowly over to the man, the next dance beginning.

"Forgive me sir, I did not mean for you to hear that, of course it is none of my business."

Bowing her head Jessie bit her lip again and looked up from her stance at the man, should she tell the truth? Yes. The truth was always the best.

"I am with nobody sir."

Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 am

He turned fully to look at her and smiled. "Oh my hearing is a lot better than it used to be." He smirked. "You have that to look forward to little one. It can be both useful and annoying." He chuckled.

"Curiosity is not a sin... ar... what is your name young one?" He asked running his hand through his hair.

He frowned. "But then where is your master? He needs to learn not to leave his apprentices alone where he likes. You never know who's around the corner now adays." He growled taking a deep breath, he hated those that didn't take care of their responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:00 am

Jessie moved closer still to the man and giggled lightly, it was times like these when she wondered why she was so different to other vampires in terms of mentality...they seemed so refined while she so childish, it did trouble her.

"It sounds like it's more useful than annoying, imagine that! You could hear if people were gossiping about you...oh and more useful things, obviously..."

She shifted her eyes comically and smiled at the man a little wider this time moving one hand out from her muff:

"I'm Jessica Monks, but please call me Jessie."

Freezing at the mention of her Master Jessie looked up sadly into the mans eyes and bit her lip thinking of how to phrase what had happened to her.

"My Master used me as a replacement for a deceased Apprentice and found me unsatisfactory so left me some years ago...it is hard...but I manage!" Jessie said cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:16 am

He smirked as she giggled, oh to be young again he thought rubbing his eye. "Oh don't get me wrong i wouldn't know what i'd do without it but it can get very gruesome when you are wanted to block something out. You have no choice but to listen." He explained.

"Yeah i suppose you could. People tend to forget that the older you are the better your senses become. It throws a lot of people off guard to remember that you can probably hear them." He smiled. "Which only makes it more obvious that they are talking about you." He smirked.

He held out his own hand and took hers so that he could kiss the back of her hand. "Pleasure. I'm Sterling Bates." He smiled. "So what brings you here Jessie? You don't see the type to like this kind of dancing." He smiled softly.

He growled. "This is an outrage, give me his name i will be speaking with him." He said gritting his teeth, dumping your responsibilities was unacceptable to him. "Where have you been staying?" He asked out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:24 am

Jessie smiled and giggled again, she couldn't wait for her senses to sharpen up but then again good things come to those who wait and powers just so happened to be one of those things, Jessie couldn't stand the suspense of which form she could take next.

"That would be troublesome, though it should be taken into consideration right ? They won't hurt you if you accidentally over hear and let on will they?"

Hoping that she didn't sound like an ignorant Apprentice Jessie bowed her head again and blushed slightly when Sterling kissed her hand.

"Nice to meet you Sterling..."

Jessie smiled and chuckled softly, indeed she did seem like she was at a loose end but she had always wanted to go to a dance like this and now she was here she was useless at everything -a wallflower.

"Its not normally, I just wanted to meet some new people, get some friends and things like that, oh! Please it's of no trouble to me! I am just ashamed I couldn't live up to my Masters hopes for me...I've been living here and there, nowhere definate."
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 am

He shook his head. "No if they are stupid enough to speak loud enough for others to over hear chances are they aren't as old as you are. Most aristocrats will know not to talk too loudly out in public." He shrugged. "So you wont have to worry about them. Younger vampires however wont know that yet since they don't have the hearing ability to talk quietly."

He laughed. "No one in their right mind would try to hurt an aristocrat we tend to be the stronger and more experienced of our kind. Plus it is a killable offense to attack a council member. We are very well respected in our community." He smiled pulling down his waist coat.

He nodded. "Oh that makes sense i suppose. Are you all alone in this world?" He asked hating her old master more and more as time went by. "I'm afraid that is out of your hands young lady, he will need to be found and sorted out. You are his creation therefore you are his responsibility at least until you are out of the apprentice stage." He explained. "Well Jessie you will need a home to go to. Have you considered living here in the country manor? It houses most younger vampires like yourself. It would help you get to know people better and maybe make some friends." He suggested.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:55 am

Jessie gasped and stepped away from Sterling to a more respectable distance, an Aristocrat?! How cool is that?! She had always dreamed of meeting one and now she had, maybe he could help her find her feet here?

"I guess that's true, forgive me if I'm talking very loud, I shall try to speak quietly for you sir. I wouldn't wish to hurt your ears."

Head bowed slightly Jessie smiled softly and bowed even lower, a member of the council? It sounded impressive! Not that she knew what it was...

"Forgive my ignorance sir, but what is the council?"

Jessie furrowed her brow lightly and nodded her head, of course it was nothing to do with her but as much as he had harmed her she didn't want her master to be hurt, she was still attatched to him after all both emotionally and sort of physically.

"Yes sir. Forgive me sir. His name is Richard Greenward I don't know where he is though, sorry I can't help you more. Mansions? Where I can live? I never knew there were such things...where are they?"
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:34 pm

He frowned as she moved away. "Does being an aristocrat make me smell? There is no need for you to moved away child. In this life I'm no more important than you are. I'm not so stuck ip to believe I'm better without having to prove myself. So thank you but you can tone the respect down until you see something that's worthy of it. The only one that deserves that level of respect is our Queen but you'll go far if you keep that respect for people. Apprentices aren't seen in a kind light amongst the older member of our society." He explained as he watched a couple fly across the dance floor.

He smiled kindly at her before looking back at the couples. "Thanks it would be most kind of you but do not threat your ears tend to adjust to the noise. They have to otherwise wise we'd all end up death." He smiled flashing his white teeth.

"Ignorance isn't a sin and your asking question shows interest in our world which is always a good thing with most of our community. The council are the people that keep everything in order. The members consist of the oldest most wisest vampires we have and that includes our queen." He smiled oh how he wished he could bring the queen to this place so he could serenade her on the dancefloor.

He nodded. "Thankyou he will be dealt with accordingly you don't need to worry about him." He said his mouth starting to dry at his thirst. He turned to face the bartender. "Can I get some o negative please?" He asked before turning to look back at Jessie. "I can show you if you like? I know the owner and I think we are due a meeting."
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am

Jessie widened her eyes and she went back to stand at the distance she was standing at before she moved, she didn't mean to offend him she just didn't want to disrespect him by standing closer than she was allowed to.

"I'm sorry Sir, I just didn't want to cause disrespect, you must be really important then in society, and you must be really good in battle, how many have you been in? If you don't mind me asking. I've only been in two and I've only just got better after one of them...I'm pretty much useless."

Even though she said it with a smile Jessie felt her heart grow heavy, she was used to being called useless and being beat up in battle, she had only just escaped in that last one. Letting the smile deminish slightly Jessie tilted her head away and tucked some hair behind her ear.

"Believe me, I know just how cruel the world can be for apprentice vampires, and abandoned ones especially, we aren't even worth the effort to kill you see."

Her face lit up and Jessie nodded happily, she was glad to have met Sterling, she would have been on her own again tonight without him.

"Please sir, that would be lovely."
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:10 am

"You caused no disrespect quite the opposite actually. You show more respect than a lot of people older than yourself. Which is a shame considering i have to work with a lot of them." He said looking at the bar man as he passed him his drink. "Grazie." He said taking the glass and taking a quick sip.

"Hmm well yes i suppose i am. I'm the queens warrior i live to serve and protect her." He nodded licking the blood off his lips so he didn't waste any. "I've had hundreds of years experience. With each new age new skills come to light, I unlike most adapt myself to those new skills and conquer them. Wars? I have been a part of far too many wars to remember child. I have just returned from the great war after 20 years of fighting in it." He said rubbing his eye. "You are not useless you just lack the proper training since your master disowned you." He growled he was still feeling sour about that.

"You need a teacher which i am willing to be if you will accept me. Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves and you i'm afraid haven't had that chance yet." He said downing more of his drink, he really was thristy.

He nodded but he knew that wasn't true, he knew a lot of people that had killed apprentices. "So be it then, i shall take you to them later on."
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Jessie quite liked the fact that Sterling thought that she was respectful, that meant that she wasn't as much of a failure as her Master presented her to be, biting her lip she fiddled with the lace on the dress that she wore, flicking her eyes from Sterling to the barman.

"Are you Italian?"

She asked amazed, she would have never known that he was unless he spoke in it, Jessie guessed that was what being a vampire did to you, eventually you lost all traces of who you originally were to be replaced by someone else.

"Wow...you mean, I'm going to have to fight in one of the wars Mr. Bates?" the worry in the voice evident "Oooh nobody ever told me that I thought it was optional, I'm going to die sooooo badly."

Jessie now became instantly worried, she needed to get better and fast otherwise shed end up dead in 5 years.

"Ah thank you I would like to be shown around, and...you mean that? You really do?!"

Excitement replaced the worry and Jessie had to stop herself from bouncing up and down in a sort of happy little dance.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:36 am

He smiled looking down at her. "Italian, German, English, they are all the same when you get to my age. I'm originally from London but i have traveled enough in my time to consider the other countries my homes too. Italy i would say is my second home." He smiled. "And therefore my second language."

He shook his head. "If that is your wish. If not there are plenty of other jobs out there for you to do. Wars are not for the faint hearted and shouldn't be taken lightly." He said swirling the blood around in his glass. "I have seen many great men fall in battle and others fallen insane at seeing their friends and family die right before their eyes." He said glancing back over at the face less dancers. "If you wanna fight make sure you are prepared for the emotional side. It's not all about the glory like most think." He frowned.

"Yes. I won't allow an apprentice to go around with no real training. You must swear to keep my secrets though. You will be the first that I will be sharing the key to my success with. If someone finds out it will have been from your mouth. I won't hesitate to kill you if you betray me. Understand?" He said glancing down at his watch.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:15 am

Jessie listened to Sterling, her eyes wide as she showed just how interested she was in what he was telling her, what he had done in his past, hoping that she too would be able to have an interesting past like his when she grew older.

"Wow, you must be so clever to know all those languages fluently, do you suppose I could learn a language? I've always liked Japanese..."

Much to her relief Jessie nodded her head at what Sterling told her, grateful that she wouldn't be going off to train for battle, but another job would be available for her to do, smiling even more she asked politely/

"What sort of other jobs would be open? I don't think that I'm the right sort of vampire for war, and I don't think I'll ever be good enough to be useful in one anyway, maybe something to do with admin or something boring, I'd be more suited to."

Jessie gulped and nodded her head quickly, her eyes showing her sincerity.

"Of course! I'll tell nobody, not a soul, I'd never betray my master like that, never ever."
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:00 am

He chuckled. "Find my past interesting do you?" He smirked. "I'm glad you do. Oh you don't need to be clever if you've lived as long as i have. It just helps if you are. There is always something new to learn but only a certain amount of languages. I'd say i know about 80% of languages out there." He thought at a guess. He nodded. "I don't see why not. Everyone is capable it just depends on whether or not you are determined enough." He smiled.

"Well we are always looking for more council workers. If you are interested i could alway put in a good word for you. I'm sure i could land you with a job, it would definitely help to get you started in your new life." He smiled glancing down at his crystal ring.

"Let's hope you don't for your sake."
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Jessie hung her head a little bit she didn't want to be too transparent but then again he was an Aristocrat vampire so it was quite pointless trying to hide things she was thinking from him because he would probably just read her mind or something to find out.

"S-sorry Sir I meant no offense, I just find that peoples pasts shape who they are today so if you listen to Someones stories you have a more accurate picture of them than if you ignores them or didn't take them in properly."

Smiling at Sterling Jessis clapped her hands and couldn't wait to get started with these lessons, maybe she would have to go to Japan to get them?!

"Oh yes please! That would be wonderful, I think that I would bs best doing something like that and don't worry Master I'll work really really hard for you and I wont let you down I promise!"

Jessie was practically bouncing up and down with excitement right about now, hoping that Sterling wouldn't find it annoying she tried to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 am

He smiled. "Don't be too quick to think you've offended me child. I don't mind people taking an interest in my life, i just don't like some eras of my life is all. If others find them interesting who am i to judge? I too like to hear about other peoples lives. It makes people seem more interesting don't you agree?" He asked.

"Then it's settled i'll speak to the Queen in the morning and sort it all out. You still interested in fight training? You never know when it could come in useful." He asked looking down at the handle of his sword. It was never out of his reach because you never know when you might need it. "Here take this..." He said pulling out a dagger with his colour blue on the handle. "... you never know when you might need it. Keep it on you at all times okay? Good i wouldn't expect any less from you." He said a his mouth pulling up at one side a little at her excitement.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Monks

Jessie Monks

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:20 am

Jessie hung her head and she tried to make herself calm down from her excited cloud and she hugged her arms around her chest, biting her lip she ran her hands through her hair to make herself feel sleepier and if she felt sleepier she was quieter.

"Im sorry, I just don't want to ruin this chance I have to start a new. And of course sir, I understand, there are places in everyones past where they have things they dont want to talk about, i understand."

Holding her hands up Jessie waved them about as her face took on a bashful look, nodding her head she wanted to make sure that she could protect herself and her gun training wouldn't bs good enough when fighting more supernatural opponents.

"Yes please Sir, I would love to continue my fight training, I'm only good at fighting with long range weapons, thank you! Thank you very much!!"

Jessie took the knife from Sterling and right now she had no place to out it so she excused herself to place it in the fastenings of her garter so that she could use it if she needed too. Which she didn't think she would.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:17 am

He smiled softly, he remembered what it was like to want to prove yourself and he hated masters dumping their apprentices more than anyone thanks to his own killing herself so he was left with all the trouble she had caused. He was lucky the Italian Queen had a soft spot for him.

"That's quite alright theres no need to appologise. I may be old but i still remember what its like to be an apprentice you know. I wasn't made into an aristocrat, no matter what the rumours may say about us." He smirked. "Oh i don't mind talking about them, after a few hundred years talking about them is the only thing that helps you remember. All memories are best remembered whether you like them or not because some can help you. They can be like lessons if you like."

He nodded. "Well when you work with me you'll be learning close range fighting. Long range is mostly for cowards, it takes away the chance for your opponent to have a warriors death. It also isn't doing yourself any favours either, who wants to be known for their aim? I'd much rather be known for being the greatest fighter alive than being the greatest aimer because guns wont always be an option." He said tapping the butt of his sword. "Swords on the other hand are like your best friend, always there to cover your back."

"Good well we'll get you started as soon as possible then but for now i'll have to leave you. The Queen is calling." He said tapping the side of his head. He scanned the room looking for someone trusted and found one. "Daniel!" He said just louder than a humans talking voice but the other vampire heard.

"Take Jessie here to the housing for me, i'm being summoned." He said receiving a nod from one of his pure vampire friends. "Farewell Jessie, take care of yourself." He said bowing his head slightly at her. "I will send a messenger about our first lesson." He smiled before turning to into his bat form so he could get to his Queen as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)   Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancig Away My Troubles (Jessie and Sterling)
Page 1 of 1