Dawn of the Blood Red Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of the Blood Red Moon

United in Peace...Divided by Blood.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebecca Holloway
Admin
Rebecca Holloway

Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) Empty
PostSubject: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:01 am

Rebecca had walked in silence all the way from the Council Chambers, she couldn't quite process what had just happened, she knew that the werewolf Queen was young but there was no call for such a confrontation and now that there had been the reality was all to serious of another war.

Turning into the chambers of the vampire council Rebecca stopped dead in the middle of the circular room and swirled on her heel to look dead at Sterling in the eyes.

"You idiot."

Was all she could say for a very long time. The safety of her people was at stake in her mind if she acted on the thoughts she had and this was all Sterlings and Salenas fault, if so much as one of them dies Rebecca vowed that the Queen would pay with her life.

"Why did you do that? You couldn't keep your calm? Not for 10 minutes around her?!"
Back to top Go down
https://dawnofthebloodmoon.rpg-board.net
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:16 am

Sterling followed his Queen with serious dread in his heart. He knew he had made a mistake, he didn't even know why he'd lost his cool so easily, he was always seen as calm and collect no matter what his power. But he did and there was no turning back now.

He frowned pausing as she did. He looked ahead at the wall not being able to bring himself to look at her after the shame he felt. "My lady, i can not express how truly sorry i am. I don't know what came over me, her words just seemed to stir something deep inside of me and i just couldn't stop myself." He pleaded dropping to his knees out of respect.

"Please can you find it in your heart to forgive me? I will do anything." He cried looking down at the floor because right now he truly wasn't worthy of being in her presence.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca Holloway
Admin
Rebecca Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 am

Rebecca took one look at Sterling on the floor and her heart softened slightly but almost immediately it was gripped by an unfathomable rage and she roared smashing her fist into the nearest pillar so that it crumbled into dust, the large chunks of marble exploding and littering the floor.

"Do you know what you have done?"

She whispered, her eyes scrunching up as she tried to stop herself from getting upset, her Warrior so soon after being appointed had let her down. Not only her but her people and that Rebecca could not bare.

"My people are at risk. Those Weres may be contemplating what I myself am at this very moment! This is too much. Too unfair a task to comprehend."

Rebecca growled and sunk to the floor her hands in her hair.

"If I wasn't stressed enough! Sterling you're supposed to help not hinder! How can I forgive you? Your first week on the job and you do this."
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:41 am

He flinched at the sound of breaking pillar and couldn't help but look up. He gave a brief nod and frowned. "I could have started a war and put all of our kind in danger." He admitted and he definitely was not proud of his actions. If he could go back and set everything right he would.

"Let me speak to the Wolf Queen... I'll appologise and accept any punishment she want to give me. Please... i'll sort this out." He begged his eyes pleading for one last change. He's quite happily swallow his pride if it meant making his Queen happy again.

He moved wanting to comfort her but he'd done this. He'd made her feel this way and that's what stopped him. He took a deep breath and looked at his Queen for the first time. "My lady, you know me. This isn't me, i don't even know why i did that and i wont think of some excuse as to why i did what i did because i know i've done wrong. Just give me the chance to put things right, please i beg of you." He said undoing the belt that held his sword and threw it to the side leaving him defenseless.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca Holloway
Admin
Rebecca Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:53 am

Rebecca looked at Sterling and shook her head, she couldn't believe that he was so stupid as to have done this and she should have sook him out earlier but there were no do overs, this was the path they were now on and there is nothing Sterling or anyone else can do about it.

"Could have? Sterling. A war is coming. The peace I've worked so hard to uphold is crumbling before my eyes, my pride is shattered from it's beating today that I would be so saddened in front of the opposition!"

Hanging her head even more Rebecca tucked her knees under her chin and felt a lump developing in her throat, there was no way that she was going to let this get to her again, it was the fact that it was Sterling who had done this, someone she trusts above all others.

"You will apologise. Tomorrow. But I will go with you to prevent further slips of the Tongue. And as for your punishment, you are no longer welcome in my chambers, you will serve me as a warrior alone until a month from now. Longer if I so choose."

Rebecca looked at Sterling with a cold glare in her normally relaxed eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:17 am

"My lady, if a war comes i give you all my men. All of them have at least 200 years experience and they will be willing to work for you. I will do everything in my power to make sure as little of our people will get hurt as possible. Even if that means dying at the Queens hands to keep our people safe." He said ones sacrifice was nothing compared to thousands of lives.

"I'm sorry my lady if i could go back i would. I'd gladly pay any price to put things right." He frowned inside he was falling to pieces just watching her. He just couldn't bring himself to believe he'd caused this. He'd been back less than a week and already he'd made a fool of himself and probably ruined his only change with the Queen.

He nodded. "Yes my lady. I swear i will appologise and leave. Nothing more." He said bowing his head, and at the sound of his punishment a flash of hurt passed his eyes before he managed to hide it because he knew he deserved it. He was just relieved it wasn't worse. "Yes my lady." He said getting to his feet and collecting his sword. He gave her one last look before giving her a bow and moving to guard the door. He was certain from that punishment she no longer wanted to be in his presence. So he'd leave and do his job like he was supposed to, no more leaving for air or walks, she was his life now and he had to get used to that. He didn't need anything else.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca Holloway
Admin
Rebecca Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 am

Rebecca although she should have been comforted by what Sterling was saying only found herself getting more and more upset, talk of war made it seem more real, made it seem like it was definately coming and coming soon so she couldn't do anything about it. It was that which truly frightened Rebecca the sense of powerless-ness.

"I will expect that from you then should the time comes Warrior. If I do not get these men I will be after your head personally."

Turning away from him and sitting on one of the many chairs around the room Rebecca let herself flop down and placed her head in her hands again, massaging her temples, what to do now, what to do. Seemingly not noticing Sterling moving away to the door Rebecca clicked her fingers to summon him.

"Call a vampire council now. I want all the Aristocrats here! Tomorrow night after you've apologised we will know how we stand a little better won't we?"

Groaning Rebecca left the room in search of her desperately needed blood.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Bates

Sterling Bates

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:42 am

He nodded. "They shall be here bright and early my lady." He said, those men owed him enough to fight one last war for him. If they didn't the others would laugh in the cowards face for letting down the leader when he needed them the most. He'd saved many of them plenty of times.

He frowned and nodded. "Yes my lady." Before leaving the room in search for the other Aristocrats. They too would know of his stupid mistake. He just hoped they wouldn't hold it against him for too long. Arthur should understand, he too had had a run in with the Wolf Queen so hopefully he still had him to not look at him in disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)   Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let Down (Rebecca and Sterling)
Page 1 of 1